Wednesday, February 28, 2018

usability - Should I force the user to enter an email before actually using a paid app?


I am working on an iPad app. It's in the medical field and the app will be sold for $99, which is kind of expensive!


The client and the developer want to force the user to give his/her email address to build up a data base and also provide services in the future. The main reason why a doctor would give the address would be because he/she wants to export a PDF. They want to make it compulsory. If you don't give your email, you can't use the App.


As the UI and UX designer, I tell the client and the developer that it's a very bad practice to ask for the email in a paid app before the user can use the app. I keep telling them that they will have a far better opt-in conversion rate if they let users use the app before asking for this.


I think it's a very bad practice, what do you think?
How would you explain to them that it's not good (if it's not good)?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...