Tuesday, February 6, 2018

marketing - What should I include (and not include) on a book's website?


I'm building a dedicated WordPress website for my (in-progress) graphic novel.


My first thought was that I'd have an artist's blog for work-in-progress, and explore some of the worldbuild-y aspects of the project through media (maps and sketches). I also planned to build out an index of characters and locations as they are polished.


Then I started thinking this might be an amateurish presentation, practically a self-fan site. A more commercial presentation would be to only show polished promotion-ready artwork and story teasers.


I am artist, author, and promoter (and probably publisher, too) so I am wearing all the hats on this project, and they typically conflict in what aspect they want to feature. Artist wants to show you the whole process. Writer wants to embed you in the story. Promoter wants clickbait and sharable media.



What should I include (and not include) on a book's website?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...