Thursday, February 15, 2018

essay - Difference between an 'Abstract' and an 'Introduction' in a feature article?


I have to write a feature article for school. However, I'm confused how an abstract [a summary of my points] is different to an intro [Where you outline the points you're going to be elaborating in the body paragraphs]


Original Example:


Title:




Single Mothers, ‘the damaged goods’ of society?



Abstract:



They’re the unrepresented minorities in our society. Victims of social prejudice, these women are marginalised in media as a whole different class of people. They’re irresponsible sluts; ‘the damaged goods’. They’re woefully incapable of raising a baby with morals. They’re dependent; Work-shy-unambitious class of beings who only live off well-fare. Sadly, they’re the Single Mothers of our society.



Introduction: Confused! Shouldn't my 'abstract' text be my introduction paragraph?!


UPDATE: Remember that I am NOT writing a research paper, rather, a persuasive article, when writing your answers please.




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...