Saturday, March 16, 2019

adobe photoshop - digital artwork design working in RGB or CMYK (or pantone) for printing?


I am running into a lot of problem on Design my artwork in photoshop in RGB.


Then convert to CMYK in PDF format. Then when I print it with print company, Colors are not always right.



I am not really sure what is the "good & correct" way out there. Because my artwork has texture & transparency.


My workflow--> create artwork in photoshop in RGB


After approved by boss, I try to find pantone colors that is close to my print out and switch to Pantone.


Does this sound wrong to any of you ?


It's seems so complicated but I have to ensure certain color is right.


Any better suggestion?


Lori



Answer



I usually start by working in CMYK mode if I intend to use the file for print.


As you have noticed screens can't replicate CMYK colours exactly but InDesign/Photoshop etc tries to emulate them. There is certainly going to be variations between what you see and what gets printed.



I suggest you spend a bit of resources getting a Pantone swatch book so you know what the colours will actually look like in print. If printing digitally you can always request a test print from the printers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...