Sunday, March 31, 2019

gui design - Save/Cancel/Close button behavior question


The attached image shows a dialog with a save/cancel button bank and a "x" icon to close the dialog. The question I have is this. Should the cancel button even be on the modal if it does not clear/cancel any of the values? I have it in now as a redundant way to close the dialog. Should I just use the "Save" button and rely on the "x" to close, or is the use of the "Cancel" as a redundant close acceptable? My thought was that having a positive action "Save" without a corresponding negative action "Cancel" is a pattern breaker.


Thanks for the feedback.


Save/Cancel Button Question




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...