Friday, March 15, 2019

forms - Should disabled buttons give feedback when clicked?


I was wondering if you could help me with a UX issue I am facing with “disabled buttons in Mobile”


We have a few different input fields as part of a mobile onboarding process. These forms have quite a few fields and we currently disable the next button until those fields are all filled out. But, if the user taps on the disabled button, it will display an inline error message on the not filled out input fields.


We've been debating whether it's a better user experience to show feedback when the user taps on the disabled button to show that something is missing or if disabled buttons generally should never have any reaction as they are disabled.




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...