Monday, May 13, 2019

adobe illustrator - Is it possible to change this image to white and make it not look like a blob?



I need this to be white for a water bottle but I can't figure out how to make it work.


enter image description here


this is what happens when I reverse it. enter image description here


And this is what happens when I stroke. I am fairly new to Illustrator and this is really throwing me off


enter image description here



Answer



Here's what I would do.


Select all. Change everything to have a white fill and a black stroke. A thick black stroke:


enter image description here


Choose Object > Expand and then click the OKAY button.



enter image description here


Click the Merge button on the Pathfinder Panel (Window > Pathfinder not Effect > Pathfinder)


Select a black area and hit the Delete key.


enter image description here


General cleanup: Draw a rectangle with no fill and no stroke and then choose Select > Same > Fill & Stroke. Then hit the Delete key again to remove these "hollow" shapes.


You then have white art with a gap between shapes to retain the overall visual in one color:


enter image description here


This is merely an auto traced representation of the artwork. Actual native paths may be cleaner overall, resulting in better final artwork.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...