Friday, May 24, 2019

Is it better to use a positive or a negative command for a button, checkbox, etc.?


I have some checkboxes that should include/exclude some content on some reports.


But I am not sure if I should use:


Include all items



or


Exclude unused items


for the text of the checkbox.


What is better/makes more sense, etc.? Positive or negative button explanations?



Answer



Include all items, and here is why: People can compute positive words easier than negative ones.


For example: Do you want a part of my sandwich? or Do you not want most of my sandwich?


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...