Thursday, November 21, 2019

inkscape - Is it possible to "invert" an SVG file? Not the colours, but the actual areas/paths?



I have an SVG file, and I want to create the opposite of it. It's a monochrome icon, and I want a version where the logo is transparent and the rest of the rectangle is filled paths.


In theory it feels like it should be a common problem, and something like Inkscape should have an "Invert Paths" (or similar) function, but in practice I couldn't find any relevant help in Inkscape or Google?


Thanks!



Answer




  1. Make sure your design is entirely composed of paths. There can't be any groups or text objects, etc. Ok to have multiple path objects though.

  2. Draw a rectangle around the whole thing

  3. Select your design as well as the rectangle

  4. Choose "Path" > "Exclusion"



No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...