Friday, November 29, 2019

logo - Objects do not align precisely in Illustrator CC



I am trying to make a logo with a pattern of varied transparencies since the client wants a transparent png logo. No matter what I try, I cannot get the squares to line up perfectly. It looked fine as a solid object, but when I added some opacity to the squares, a small line was visible where the squares overlap.


I have done a lot of research on this and found three different ways of doing what I want, but each time the result is the same, with the same slight overlap that is noticeable when saved as a pdf or png.


I have tried using the Split into Grid tool (with 0 inch gutter), manually snapping to point, and using the align tool to distribute spacing with 0 inches. I made sure the document was set up with "Align new objects to pixel grid" unchecked. There is no stroke applied to any of the boxes. Is there some really obvious thing I am missing, or is this a flaw with Illustrator?


In this example I have made all the boxes the same color and transparency:


Different Grid Methods




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...