Thursday, November 28, 2019

Create an artboard automatically to the size of an image (Illustrator)


I am trying to figure out how to make an artboard automatically snap to the size of an image.


I know that you can draw a rectangle, then go to the Artboards window and choose "Convert to Artboards" from the flyout menu with the rectangle(s) selected. This does not work for images. The problem I have is that I have about 25 images that I've placed into an Illustrator document (buttons for the design of a site) and need to have them all be in their own artboards. Of course I could do this by hand but I was wondering, for future reference, if there is a way just select the image and have an artboard created to its dimensions.


I couldn't find an answer everywhere (all searches took me to how to make a rectangle an artboard, not an image).


Thanks!




Answer



Use the Artboard tool (Shift+O) and double-click the image, the artboard size will snap to the image dimensions.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...