Tuesday, November 5, 2019

print production - InDesign: how to mark lines for printing cuts?


How can I insert printing marks to designate a smaller format than the page size? Printing shop insists that for making a 7x5 inch print they need me to insert it into an A5 document. So placed it as they said, but am a bit uncertain how I could mark for them where the paper needs to be cut.



Answer




  • Add a new Swatch (any color) and make it a 'Spot' color.

  • Draw a 7x5 inch rectangle in the middle of the A5 sheet and stroke it with this new swatch.

  • Set the rectangle stroke to 'Overprint' via the 'Attributes' panel.

  • Place your artwork inside the rectangle.

  • Export to PDF.



No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...