Tuesday, November 26, 2019

adobe photoshop - How to make a series of rectangles follow a pen path


I am trying to get a series of shapes (rectangles) to follow a path (sine wave) that I made with the pen tool, but I have no clue how to do that or if it is possible.


I have tried warping a rectangle into the sine wave path, but it takes many different warped rectangles and it isn't smooth.


I thought this process might work for rectangles, but it only works for text.



Answer



If you have Adobe Illustrator and all you need are rectangles, you can simply use a dashed stroke with a large stroke weight....


dashed


If you need one rectangle, as AndroidHustle suggests, simply untick the "Dashed Line" option.


Then to edit the rectangles, choose Object > Expand. Then copy this in Illustrator, switch to Photoshop and Paste as a Shape Layer.



If you must do this with only Photoshop CS5, there is no easy method. Except to maybe set up a square brush shape and then draw a path with the Pen Tool, switch to the Pencil Tool and hit Shift+Return to stroke the path with the square brush.


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...