Tuesday, December 31, 2019

typefaces - Webfont alternatives to Gotham


The Brand Guidelines have specified the use of Gotham and Arial as the typeface, and I can see that in the past people have had various experiences with using Gotham on the web.


Instead of using Arial, which I feel is not really a good alternative to Gotham because it doesn't have the polished finish, it seems like Proxima Nova is one of the best options, but I might not have considered other options.


My comparisons:



  • Gotham vs. Proxima Nova (capital M and the number 3 are most different)

  • Gotham vs. Proxima Sans (capital M and the number 3 are most different)

  • Proxima Nova is nearly identical to Proxima Sans


  • Gotham vs. Arimo (captial Q, M and the number 1, 3 are most different0

  • Gotham vs. Montserrat (captial Q, M and the number 1 are the most different)


I would conclude that Proxima Sans and Montserrat could be suitable replacements, with Montserrat being a Google Font which should be web safe.


What are some popular webfonts that have an open license and can be used as an alternative to Gotham?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...