Saturday, December 21, 2019

How to enlarge an image with as little pixelation as possible?


What technique(s) can I use to enlarge small digital (raster) image in order to best avoid pixelation? I can print the image and scan at high resolution, but I also want to preserve as close to exact color as I can. I'm happy to hear any technique using any tool or toolset.



Answer



I'm sure there are other (better?) alternatives, but S-Spline interpolation creates pretty good-looking images. A quick Google search revealed this tool: PhotoZoom Pro.


Also, here's a lengthy comparison of different interpolation techniques and tools: Digital Photo Interpolation - what is the best image resizing / resampling method?


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...