Sunday, December 22, 2019

vector - Inkscape: Delete an anchor & maintain the handles of connected anchors


When I do any kind of point editing with Inkscape, I will have an object (A) and delete one of the points hoping to get C, but instead I get B. I understand why this happens, it's so curves can be made more optimal, but very often I don't want my handle types to change. It is tedious enough making sure points are no-handles corners without Inkscape continually messing them up. Is there a different way I can remove anchor points that will retain the handles of its connected anchors?



Three squares labeled as A, B, and C. A is plain. B has had one of its points removed and is now rounded at that corner. C shows a right triangle, the expected result from deleting a point.



Answer



File > Inkscape Preferences
Then go to Tools > Node
Under Editing Preferences uncheck "Deleting nodes preserves shape"


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...