Sunday, December 22, 2019

Adobe Illustrator CS5: how to save background color to pdf


I changed the background colour of my pdf through:


Document Setup -> changing color under "transparency" (grid color) -> checking "Simulate Colored Paper"


This changes the background in Illustrator as it should. The problem is: if I save the file as a pdf, the background if my pdf is white again :-(


Any idea how to solve this problem? Many thanks in advance!



Answer



As it should. If you'd end up with a coloured background in the *.pdf and printed it on the coloured paper, the coloured paper would get a coloured background printed on it, for twice the colour value.


Changing your backgrond colour is as easy as drawing a large rectangle behind your work in the correct colour and, preferably, locking it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...