Wednesday, April 22, 2015

keyboard - Why CTRL + C multiple times



I have recently noticed that I press CTRL + C more than once, even if I know that the file has been copied to the clipboard. But I press CTRL + X or CTRL + V only once.


Why do I do this? Is this only a problem for me, or is anybody else is facing it too?



Answer



Because there is no feedback of the clipboard state. Pressing CTRL+C multiple times gives the guaranteed impression the right data is in the clipboard, just before the next action (CTRL+V, possible).


CTRL+X does have visual feedback, as the data either disappears or changes view (in case of file).


You are not the only one who does it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...