Wednesday, April 29, 2015

plugin - File backups for Photoshop


I've been working with Photoshop for a long time, and every once in a while I work on a file, sometimes in a rush, sometimes just being lazy.. what happens is that I end up ruining it.


I save, go on with my day, and then I open it later only to realize/remember that a previous version was better, only if I would of saved it in multiple versions as I usually do.. but sometimes it happens and I DON'T.


Do you know of a plugin or an add-on or something that does this, is there some option somewhere in Photoshop that I don't know about ? I saw some new features about Recovery Information Under Preferences > File Handling but I find no use for it.. I want something that prevents me from overwriting, or rather it doesn't even prevent me, it just saves a different file with an incremental number at the end.


(What I need is something that won't let me overwrite a file when saving, but rather create another file with the exact same name and a number at the end. Something like Save as but not Saves As and not me writing a different file name every time. I wan't it as part of my normal routine, to be safe and never sorry that I lost something I spen hours working on and ruined it in a few minutes, then saved the turd and wonder at it later.)


For example, when I use the default Ctrl + S (Save) multiple times, I want it to automatically do:



  • ThisPsdFile-1.psd


  • ThisPsdFile-2.psd

  • ThisPsdFile-3.psd


[Please restrain from comments like: "you are too lazy, blabla.." it just happens sometimes, and I want this error solved forever... something I install once and boom, that's about it.


Thank you for your time.




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...