Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Tapered/sloped text effect in Illustrator (NOT skew or perspective)


I'm not too sure how to describe the effect that I'm going for or what it is even called. Thus, I'm having some trouble finding any help through Google.


I want to accomplish something like this "SLOPED" text below, but have the bottoms of the letters follow the slope as well instead of being horizontal.


Sloped Text Demo


I have tried using the free transform tool, skewing, and using perspective, but I don't like the effect they are resulting in. All of the tools that I just mentioned result in the appearance of the word being angled away from the viewer (perspective). I want more of this style effect, whereas the letters are not skewed horizontally, but scaled evenly along a path that I lay out.


What is the name of this text effect? Can anyone point me in the right direction to a tutorial or know how to accomplish this themselves?


I know that I could go through and do this letter by letter, but I was really hoping to find an easier method.


EDIT I have removed many elements of my design and quickly threw some sample text in it, but this should give you an idea of what I am trying to accomplish. I want a mixture of the above and below effects.



Slope Demo 2



Answer



I did it in the following way:


Type any text lowering the letter size after every letter (I dont aware about any other way to do that) -


enter image description here


Expand and ungroup,


Press enter image description here


That's what I got -


enter image description here





Another options is -


enter image description here




Third options -


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...