Monday, July 27, 2015

business - Offline billing software for freelancers


The billing/invoicing/time-tracking software I use, iBiz, is no longer being supported by its manufacturer. I am a freelancer, so I need software which allows me to:




  • Track time on jobs

  • Track tasks on jobs

  • Automatically fill in a rate for a task (not all tasks are the same hourly rate)

  • Add notes about a job

  • Put in flat-rate items

  • Organize clients, preferably by allowing me to have more than one point of contact in a company

  • Generate invoices

  • Record payments and log them against invoices

  • Customize the invoices with a logo


  • Generate earnings reports for tax season


Cost is not an enormous issue, although I'd rather not spend several thousand dollars.


I do not want something online or cloud-based. I want something I can buy, once, and download, once, and which works offline. I do not want to pay a subscription fee. I do not want something which is a web app, because if the company disappears, so do all my records.


What are your suggestions? What experience have you had with the software, and why would you recommend for/against it?


I am in the U.S. working on a Mac, so the software must be Mac-compatible.




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...