Tuesday, July 21, 2015

user behavior - Alternatives to showing file size in a download?


I think I've seen somewhere that only showing the size of a file for download is not particularly useful for some users (in particular those less technical users). I guess the argument for this would be that the size of the file is less meaningful than how long the download will take.


I've seen dialogs which give estimates for download times - does anyone know if this is more useful and if there are any suggestions on how to provide estimates?


It seems to me the meaningful information would be if it's a small file size (trivial download time no matter your connection) or medium (fast on a good connection, longer on a slow connection) or large.


Thoughts?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...