Tuesday, July 28, 2015

toggle - Best choice for three-state value?


In my application, the user can filter fields by selecting one of three possible values for each field:



  • True

  • False

  • Both



I currently have a drop-down box, but this requires two clicks while the options are simple and should preferably being able to be selected by one click.


I faced the tri-state checkbox which shows either a tick, a square or nothing. However, this still sometimes requires two clicks to get from empty to square if the order is empty - tick - square.


Could someone please recommend what would be the best choice in this scenario?



Answer



Radio buttons. This is the exact situation that they are designed for.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...