Sunday, July 19, 2015

novel - Scrivener project statistics is showing an incorrect word count


I just purchased Scrivener yesterday and am trying to get it figured out. After importing my manuscript, I cut and pasted it, separating it into the 23 chapters that are linked under "Manuscript" in the binder.


For some reason, when I go to Project: Project Statistics it shows only 158 words. My entire manuscript is roughly 97,000. I think it's only calculating statistics on the title page?


I don't know if I did something wrong when splitting it into chapters? Or if I should've copied to paste it into the separate breaks instead of cut?


Can someone please help me understand how to fix this?





No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...