Wednesday, July 22, 2015

fullscreen - What are the advantages and disadvantages of full screen mode


I'm trying to understand how viewing a website in full screen mode could impact our browsing experience. Full screen mode has existed for some time for videos (e.g. YouTube) and Flash games. I've also seen it recently on Google Docs.


I wonder if web designers have considered offering full screen mode as a "readabily enhancer"? I certainly haven't really seen it. Is it because fullscreen is too restrictive (because users have to escape full screen to go somewhere else)? Are there other pitfalls of fullscreen?




Answer



The main problem with full screen mode would be whether users know how to get out of it again - especially when the fall into it accidently.


I suspect a lot of users wouldn't know how to escape from it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...