Friday, August 12, 2016

adobe photoshop - Can I use a derivative work of an editorial image for commercial purpose?



I want to use an editorial (image which cannot be used for commercial purpose) image which contains a celebrity and crest of the sports team.


I've use Photoshop filters to create a water-paint effect photo. The face of the celebrity is completely hidden/blurred as is any crest or other identifiable data.


Can I use this derivative image for commercial purpose?




Answer



Theres no such thing as "change it this much and it's okay."


Derivative work is generally not allowed without written permission.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...