Monday, August 22, 2016

cc 2014 - Auto size image to page size in InDesign


I've got an InDesign document with 100 A4 pages.


I've got 100 assets (a mixture of .jpg and .pdf files) and I want to place 1 per page. If an image is not the proportion of the A4 page I would like to get it as big as it can be on the page before it hits into the margin. Ex. if it's a portrait image it should be as large as it can be before hits the top/bottom margin. If it's a landscape image it should be as large as it can be before hits the left/right margin.



At the moment I'm dragging each file across and resizing them manually. Is it possible just drop them on the page and get them auto resized ?



Answer



Having the A4 image frame at the master layout, drag the image at the page, then:


Menu Object > Fitting > Fit Content Proportionally


Cmd + Alt + Shift + E Mac


Ctrl + Alt + Shift + E Win


Or


Menu Object > Fitting > Fit Frame Proportionally


Cmd + Alt + Shift + C Mac


Ctrl + Alt + Shift + C Win



No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...