Sunday, August 14, 2016

adobe photoshop - Create an "pressed in" look


I'm trying to recreate a fairly common look, but I really like how it is executed on getpebble.com


The getpebble.com icons are on the left, and my disaster of an attempt is on the right. As much as I try, I've wasted close to 3 hours of my life and I am still left with a hideous looking icon for my personal project. Any pointers?


enter image description here



Answer



It looks to me like they just use an inner shadow:


enter image description here


Here's what that produces (original on the left, my attempt on the right):


enter image description here



No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...