Thursday, August 11, 2016

logo - Where is the Live Trace function in Adobe Illustrator CC?


enter image description here


I want to change the color of this MailChimp logo (png file) in Adobe Illustrator CC. I've looked in Adobe Forums and Youtube, all mentioned Live Trace, but I don't have that option in Object on the nav bar. So I have two questions...



  1. Is Live Trace removed in Adobe Illustrator CC?

  2. How can I change the colors of this logo?



Please help! Thank you.



Answer



Yes, live trace is available in Illustrator CC, it's called image trace.


Follow these steps to change color of the chimp.



  1. First select the image then select image trace in the tools option bar.


enter image description here





  1. click the down arrow next to image trace and select 16 colors.




  2. Select expand.




  3. Now right click the object and choose ungroup. (ctrl + shift + G)




  4. Now you can select different parts of the chimp's face and change colours.





No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...