Wednesday, July 12, 2017

technique - How to write repeated actions


So, I was writing a test story to see if my tools can work together in the way intended. Few paragraphs into the first chapter and there is a problem:


Character A is a scaredy-cat, and I based the locations off of Slender: The Arrival's prologue chapter. So A decides not to use any light sources and goes through the prologue section moving from cover to cover, peeking out and moving.



This is understandable, F.E.A.R fans know why. ("Careful with your flashlight, it will give you away.")


Though this is highly repetitive, which is a reason why readers drop a book.


So, how can I write a section of repeated actions, without the writing being too repetitive?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...