Monday, July 31, 2017

adobe photoshop - How to make these waves effects?


enter image description here


I would like to to create the image above. I have tried to make multiples layers of the waves and edit it's opacity but it does not seem to work. I would really appreciate some feedback and guidance. Thank you.



Answer




enter image description here


What I did:



  • Create each wave with white to transparent gradient in different layers (maybe solid fill works better)

  • Each layer is set as "Soft Light"

  • Layer order does matter, play around which ones should go on top of which till you get the effect desired.

  • Set varying opacity for the lighter ones


I did it in all of 10 minutes I think. Hope it gives you an idea as to how to achieve it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...