Tuesday, July 25, 2017

technique - What is the best practice for writing a character that speaks with a whistle lisp?


For a character that whistles when pronouncing the "s" sound, how can I write in the lisp effectively?


I tried using multiple "S"s, but it reads as a snake-like sound, which I don't want since there are elements of the character being snake-like as well.



How do I make the whistling "s" lisp really stand out?



Answer



How about going with this♪?


Possibly with the note raised as superscript. After an initial description it serves as a reminder to the reader.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...