Monday, September 25, 2017

color scheme - Alternate row in Microsoft Modern UI (Metro)


Can I use alternate colors for rows using Metro design guidelines?


And if I've multiple ListBox in the same view which is the suggestion?


Can I use alternate colors (the same for each control)? I see that this creates a bit of confusion.


[Update]


Here the sketch. The mockup.



Answer



Design guideline shouldn't be a barrier for some usability improvements. Guideline is universal document while each case could have its own features.



For easy reading of separate rows (in tables etc) one should be able to distinguish them. So, be sure, whether reading is hard. Then use some techniques to distinguish them. It could be not only alternating colors, but supporting lines, too. In any case, it should be just enough to distinguish, not to cry out of it.


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...