Saturday, September 16, 2017

fiction - Female Pet Names that a Londoner might use?


I was wondering about female pet names, like darling, sweetie, pet, babe, etc.



One of my characters refers to his other half as "pet" but I've been told that this is common to the North East (UK). As my character is from London, I was wondering what pet names are used by Londoners?


I've tried Googling this, but it may be that I have the wrong terminology! I keep getting results for what to call your female animal pet!


All help appreciated!


---EDIT---


I found this after I Googled "terms of endearment" - I found it really useful so hopefully someone else will as well!


http://www.shesnotfromyorkshire.com/2009/04/29/england-pet-names-and-you/



Answer



Try looking up "British terms of endearment" instead. You should find several links. This one looks good in particular.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...