Sunday, September 17, 2017

How to export color dodge effect from Photoshop or Illustrator


I created color dodge effect in Illustrator, and now I want to save two png files, one for background and one for color dodge effect, but when I do it it has a black background. How can it be done?


used dodge tool


This is what my images looks like (full image on right, colour-dodge-only image on left):


full only dodge


The software we are using to display the image has no function like color dodge. Is there a way to save color dodge effect in png file?




Answer



PNGs cannot be exported with blending options embedded. You'll have to use a program that supports blending options in order to get the same effect.


****** Edit ******


You can get something similar by making your radial gradient go from about 75% opacity in the middle to 0% opacity on the outside, It won't be exactly the same, but it will be closer than what you've got.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...