Monday, September 25, 2017

programming - Is there a charting API which allows to replicate Bloomberg chart tool features?


I believe that most of us will agree that being able to compute values is only part of our job, as we would also like to be able to display them nicely in order to better understand or help co-workers/clients understand some concepts or results.


We usually try to do this using charts, most of the time from MATLAB and R during development phase, but the charting libraries do not allow you easily to modify the chart after it has been created.


I have been occasionally using the Bloomberg Charting interface, and I must say I think it is particularly brilliant, as it allows you to:



  • Zoom and scroll

  • Add vertical/horizontal/... lines

  • Compute performances between points

  • Add technical indicators


  • Possibility to export the graph to the clipboard

  • And so on.


Most of the charting libraries I have been able to find so far for .Net only have a few of this features, but almost none allow the users to add/remove graphical elements from the cart easily.


I was wondering if somebody knew a good charting API which provides a control with which the user can interact extensively (like in Bloomberg) once the data is displayed?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...