Friday, January 19, 2018

color - Choosing colours for type in web design


This is something that I've struggled with for a while now and I really want to correct it.


Whenever I create a web design I use a colour pallete of 2 or 3 contrasting colours normally for things like buttons and backgrounds but what I struggle with is choosing the colours for the type so that they look more pleasing to the eye and fit with the 2 or 3 colours I have already picked.



My colour choices in the past for body text have been around #999999 or #aaaaaa but I notice that in the designs of designers I follow online their type choices are swayed ever so slightly towards one of the main colours in their colour palletes.


Is there a proven method of how to pick colour for type in this way or is it just done by using the eye?


I would love to know how it's done or if there are any tutorials out there on how to pick colour for type that fits with the existing colour pallete.




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...