Friday, January 26, 2018

adobe illustrator - How do you use the pen tool in the most efficient way?


I am just learning how to use the pen tool and want to make sure I am using it in the most efficient way possible. After watching countless tutorials, I still feel like I don't fully understand how many anchor points I should be using and where precisely to place those anchor points when drawing different curves or shapes.


I've heard the tips "use as few points as possible" and "place the anchor points at the extrema of the curve", but I am still confused because I see people drawing the same type of curves and shapes differently and the end result looks basically identical.


Any pen tool masters out there that can help me out?


To understand what I mean I have provided two simple examples below. In these examples is option "A" or "B" the most efficient way to use the pen tool? Why? (pros/cons)


Example 1: enter image description here Example 2: enter image description here




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...