Saturday, January 13, 2018

adobe illustrator - How to convert text paths to editable text in an .eps file downloaded from Shutterstock?


I am an experienced PHP programmer, but very new to Illustrator. Finally, the time has come that I need to download artwork from Shutterstock (shutterstock.com) for use on a customer's website.


The file is in .eps format, and when I open this file in Illustrator CS5 I see all of the "Lorem Ipsum" text, but it does not seem to be editable - it seems to be nothing but clickable paths.


Is there a simple way for me to use Illustrator to present to me the text in editable text form, so that I can proceed to edit the text?


The image is:



Shutterstock image with text in path format



Answer



The text has been outlined (converted to paths). Once text has been outlined, it cannot be un-outlined.


This is typically done so that a font file does not have to be embedded. Ideally the designer should have kept a copy of the original text object locked and hidden, but I'm guessing that is not the case.


You will have to go through and re-create the text objects, unfortunately.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...