Friday, January 19, 2018

gui design - How to implement a stack exchange style voting for mobile?


I have a client who wants me to improve the usability of their current iOS app.. they have a voting mechanism that looks like this:



enter image description here


i figured that this was bad usability b/c it didn't add up the votes to a final number (like how it's done on stack exchange).. and so I created a design that's very similar to the stack exchange voting style:


enter image description here


he said that he hated my design! he said he didn't like my idea of a vote up vote down.. he couldn't think of another way though..


so any suggestions here folks? any sample implementations of this idea on some famous android or iphone apps?



Answer



this is one of my attempts so far.. basically the item that's voted for comes in the center.. i guess this has better affordance than the previous one.


enter image description here


update: I convinced my client to go with this one.. I will have to animate into the screen though.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...