Thursday, May 2, 2019

adobe indesign - Converting CMYK PDF to RGB


Is there a simple way I can achieve this? I seem to be struggling to get a straight answer on this from searching on Google and other forums.



Or is the only option to open my InDesign file and individually convert all my swatches and images to RGB? This would be a real pain for larger documents.


I would do it in Photoshop but I could do with leaving all the text intact and it will be a PDF that people can view online.



Answer



I wouldn't do this manually I would do it with something like Ghostscript or PDFtk


Ghostscript


gs -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -dBATCH -dNOPAUSE -dCompatibilityLevel=1.4
-dColorConversionStrategy=/sRGB -dProcessColorModel=/DeviceRGB
-dUseCIEColor=true -sOutputFile=output.pdf input.ps

The above was taken from this answer: How to convert PDF from CMYK to RGB, for displaying on iPad?



I dont have Ghosscript installed on my box yet but you could always try the reversal from this:


gswin32c.exe ^
-o c:/path/to/output-cmyk.pdf ^
-sDEVICE=pdfwrite ^
-dUseCIEColor ^
-sProcessColorModel=DeviceCMYK ^
-sColorConversionStrategy=CMYK ^
-sColorConversionStrategyForImages=CMYK ^
input-rgb.pdf


taken from this question: Script (or some other means) to convert RGB to CMYK in PDF?


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...