Wednesday, May 1, 2019

svg - Inkscape: export xml for Android drawable resource directory


I am a Newbie in Inkscape. I tried to find a solution on the internet but I didn't find anything about exporting XML for Android drawable resource directory.


I would like to be sure if this program is really unable to convert or export SVG to that XML format. If so, can I export selected icons in this specific XML format?



Answer



The XML used for an Android VectorDrawable resource is specific to Android and therefor not something you will easily be able to export from any general image editing software.


You have a number of options.



You should keep in mind that VectorDrawable doesn't support all SVG features. Notably patterns, masks, gradients, images. You are basically limited to basic paths.



No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...