Tuesday, September 10, 2019

creative writing - Finding resources for sci-fi writers on Quantum Mechanics


I don't have the financial resources to hire a scientific consultant to ask him whether my science-fiction plot is realistic, so I was wondering if there were any resource that teach Quantum Mechanic without the math well enough so that aspiring authors can write realistic science-fiction books.


The best would be a video tutorial that doesn't cover the math aspect, is scientifically accurate, doesn't simplify thing and doesn't lead to false beliefs that you find out about after taking a real course on it (as much as possible).


Also, can we not migrate it to a Physics stackexchange, because it's likely to be closed and I am sure aspiring science-fiction writers would find this question useful.




Answer



Internet is a trove of information. In more than one occasion I've found Khanacademy to be a good place to jump start a subject.


https://www.khanacademy.org/science/physics/quantum-physics


I haven't checked this one, but from prior experience with other subjects I'd expect it to be rather easy to follow, with plenty of cartoonish illustrations and simple examples.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...