Tuesday, September 17, 2019

How I can prevent Photoshop from adding metadata to a PNG file?


When I use "Save for Web" in Photoshop it adds a bunch of metadata. For example I saved a 4x4 pixel file as PNG. It should have been around 136 bytes put photoshop added 814 extra bytes, all metadata I don't need or want.


enter image description here


How can I prevent Photoshop from adding this metadata?



Note: I know I can use pngcrush or other utilties to remove the metadata after the fact. That's not what I'm asking. I'm asking how to get photoshop to stop adding the data in the first place.



Answer



In the Save for Web window, there is a drop down option to select what type of Metadata is stored.


mete data


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...