Saturday, September 21, 2019

typography - I want to learn how to select appropriate colors and fonts for a new site


I'm developing a new site, and although I know enough basic programming to make the site, I'm not artistically inclined enough to make the site look nice. So, I was hoping I could get some suggestions or something on what colors and fonts go well together to make a nice looking website; only for the users experience.


So, does anyone have any suggestions, or sites that may help me learn about such a thing? I'm really just developing a basic site, so it can be basic colors, just nothing to dark or light I guess. I'm thinking somewhere in the middle.




Answer



Your question covers two distinct areas of design: color theory and typography. Color theory covers why blue text on a red background may not be a good idea. Typography covers the style, usage and spacing of fonts or the letters on the page.


In addition to the links @Luuk provide, you may want to take a look at these:


Typography:


10 Rules Every Designer Should Know - from Webdesigner Depot


A Guide To Web Typography - from I Love Typography


Color Theory:


Colors in Web Design - 1stWebDesigner


Color Theory For Designers - Part 1 - from Smashing Magazine


Color Theory For Designers - Part 2



Color Theory For Designers - Part 3


I had the links handy because I refer to them often. Hope this helps


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...