Sunday, September 29, 2019

How do I recreate this color overlay layer effect in Photoshop?



I would like to use the overlay effect used on the screenshot(s) below.


enter image description here


I've tried experimenting with several Blending modes but keep missing the mark. I'm sure this has a very easy answer but I'm having trouble recreating the effect on my own.


Here are a few more images for further context:


enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here


Thanks in advance for your help.



Answer



Create a new layer and fill it with any color you want. Move this layer below the image you want to manipulate and set the layer Blend Mode of the image layer to Multiply. You can then modify the opacity of the image layer if you want, but it isn't necessary.


It may also help to desaturate or grayscale the image layer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...