Monday, September 16, 2019

case studies - Perceived speed - single question, multiple screens vs multiple questions, fewer screens


In our phone app, when we have multi step flows we usually have one question per screen (except when obviously related, i.e. city and state).


Recently folks I have been working with have proposed it’s better to have multiple questions on the same screen, as that will be fewer steps/screens to finish the task. I’ve always been of the opinion that in an app, the single question pattern “feels” faster to me, as I feel I’m always making progress.


Has anyone done any studies on the topic? Rules of thumb?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...