Sunday, September 22, 2019

adobe photoshop - How to store and use fonts externally on a Mac?


I'm setting up a new Mac :) I know that my huge font collection will bog down its performance considerably, so I'm looking for a way to store and access them externally - either on an external drive, or preferably in Dropbox.


I would like to keep only the basic system fonts that shipped with the mac onboard, and store all the rest externally. This is easy enough but I don't know how to get Photoshop to pull the fonts from an external folder (other than my user library fonts folder).


In addition to that, I'm working between multiple computers, so I would love to be able to sync fonts between all of them.


I have found some solutions involving Dropbox and Fontcase, but those still require me to store all of the fonts natively on each computer.



Anyone know of any solutions for this?


Thanks!




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...