Friday, April 3, 2015

design - Should input fields be cleared out when the user selects them?


I have a few input fields in my form with some default values (numbers). Please note, they are not just placeholders, i.e. they can be used as is, if they are not changed.


I was wondering if I should have a mechanism to clear the fields when a user clicks on the box to change them. I think it would look cool. But if I leave them as they are, it might just be more useful for the user in case he wants to alter only a few digits or copy the figure.



Answer



You could have the input value selected when the user clicks on the input.
This way the user can just press backspace or start typing to change the value or copy the value instantly.



No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...