Thursday, April 2, 2015

style - What is the correct usage of "P.S." in Emails?



I've been wondering this for a while. What is the correct usage of "P.S." in e-mails? Where should and shouldn't it be used?



Answer



P.S. in e-mails is used exactly the same as P.S. in normal letters. It is short for the Latin post scriptum, i.e. written after the main script. As such, it is written at the bottom (end) of the main script (main e-mail in this case), and generally contains information which is trivial, or tangental to what was just said. For example,



I'm starting my new job on Monday. Really looking forward to it. I'm going to be working as a clothes designer.


P.S. Do you still like making clothes?



No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...